Introducing the Thunderbolt Axe – A new way to handle modern firefighting with roots deeply embedded in tradition. We looked at the core jobs encountered on the fire ground and developed a tool that not only addressed the demands of the tasks to be performed, but perform them with efficiency and speed. Giving you more energy, time, and creativity to get in, get out, and get the job done.
- Thin axe blade and angled cutting edge allows axe to penetrate and cut a variety of materials
- Long neck receives fiberglass core and acts as strike protection
- Adz is thin to get between the door and the jam. Long enough to reach behind the door.
- Textured adz to give extra contact grip
- The adz has a chiseled edge for purchases and cutting
- Multiple attachment points accommodate carabiners as well as rope and webbing
- Shaped for comfort
- Durable and hefty to act as a striking end and a fulcrum to the forks
- Forked ends are tapered for purchase ease and textured for contact grip
- Spacing on the forks will accommodate different size shut-offs from multiple angles
- Attachment point receives carabiner
- Weighted for strength as well as aiding in balancing the axe to lesson fatigue
- Attached to head and foot with NUPLA bond
- Fiberglass core is 10x stronger than wood
- Molded plastic overpack with ergonomic comfort for less hand fatigue and ease of grip